Tuesday, June 06, 2006

On Our April 20th Date





For long, I staggered like a drunk along winding roads by the sea
In this web of stones and sands, I yearned for a miracle
Faithfully, I followed the smell of pine needles
I let lullaby from palm trees guide me
Since I discovered you, my soul has been warm
Gently, I stroll into the holies of heaven
Holding in my palm eternal flame
We close our eyes and dip into the grab bag
Some come up with stars, others with clouds
I came up with a queen – the winning number
Jealous are lilies over the curl of your lips
Shy are peacock who share catwalks with you.
Pyramids, as wonders, are less amazing as you
Watermelon, as sweet, is less succulent as you.
Pictures freeze history of yawn I called yesterday
Your coming breezes in seasons of bliss
Inside cupid’s truck are bars of gold
Morning papers missed this story of you and I
Because editors were busy awaiting the horn
An apron of joy I wear since your arrival
Your whisper is like silk
Your trust is like steel
Like rainbow in the sky
Your are the crown of my head
The ornament of my contented heart
When I become a writer
I will write about this daybreak you brought to my life
I am excited about our date – our April 20th date
When we shall go on an everlasting date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home